Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It Really IS The Next Day

I am being good this week about blogging. The day started about 9:00 A.M. when the kids wanted to go to the dog park. I need to take a pic of Lola tomorrow so you can see her after she runs to the corner where the mud puddle is. Head goes in first, I think she blows bubbles, then she puts all four paws in and swishes them about. I whistle and she runs for me so proud of her recall. I cringe because now I have to pet her and do the happy dance and soon both she and I are a muddy mess.

After I go about picking up dead oranges and paper around the park. Part of my job. Then ..coffee.

The day proceeded to be "interesting", with some more work and some rest. Our friend Larry came over to say hi as I was taking the kids out and he grabbed one and we went to sit on  a bench by the lake. Roger, who had been getting ready to go to the store came out and headed towards us. But...not fast enough. I had Lola and Ozzie. They were so excited to see Roger that they started towards him dragging me off the bench and onto a wooden planter. Tonight I'm hobbling a bit more than usual. Ugh. On my way to the dog park tonight some little girls were swimming in the pool and wanted to meet Lola. They have a mastiff so they accustomed to large dogs. Lola, not used to little girls.  She barked and barked as Sammy and Ozzie said hi until finally Lola stopped and sniffed and licked their hands. I did take a picture of them but alas, it didn't appear on my camera. They are staying for awhile so I'll get another chance.

The Offensive Barker!!!

Riding around on my bike tonight. Loved the light and soon all these RV's will be gone except us.

That empty tree "stick" is where I see the eagle. I've been watching for his return. He flew over a few weeks ago but hasn't "landed".

I came back and laid back in my anti gravity chair. This is my view. I call it a Dr. Seuss tree and I just love it.

A different view. 

So, that's it for today. Oh no, actually one more thing happened. Our toilet decided to stop working. I was proud of our reaction. I got out the "Bible" so Roger could look at the schematic and I went right to the back bay to check the fuses. Found the one that was connected to the toilet and removed it. It was fine so reinserted it, came in and flushed the john.  We are getting more confident!! Maybe when we get our tow dolly we may actually leave for the summer!! 

Ok, tomorrow....delivering the watercolor painting to my cousin and having lunch in Vero Beach. See you then!!


No comments:

Post a Comment